Crystal clear escape-proof enclosure?

So I'm hoping to get some Tiger Hissers, and having an escape-proof container to begin with sounds a great deal easier than having to deal with petroleum jelly on a glass aquarium.

However, I want my hissers to be display pets, and even "clear" bins that you can get from Target or Walmart don't offer that great of visibility. Does anyone know of some super clear but secure bins?

Or is there a way to modify the metal mesh lid I have to fit the aquarium more snugly, and make it secure?

I kept mine in a clear jar for a long time, vent cut / glued on the screw-on lid.  They do seem to appreciate the space now that they are out of the jar.

3 hours ago, Marlon said:

I kept mine in a clear jar for a long time, vent cut / glued on the screw-on lid.  They do seem to appreciate the space now that they are out of the jar.

Yeah, I considered one of those giant mason jars. It would have great visibility, but there would be so much wasted vertical space.

Hang on, that gives me an idea! What is I got a really big mason jar (something like this: https://www.amazon.com/1-gallon-USDA-Fermentation-Glass-Jar/dp/B006ZRBGSC), and then turned it sideways and kept it on some sort of rack? It obviously wouldn't very efficient space-wise, but it could make a really cool display piece if you only had a few roaches!

To keep it cheap, I could even use an old pickle jar or something.

12 hours ago, Randomjoe said:

if you shop at sams club or a similar store you could buy the bulk pretzels or animal crackers those containers are 2 or 3 gallons. Clear with screw on lids for under $5 and could make a nice enclosure.

That's a good idea. My mom's always going to Costco, I bet I could find a suitable container there.