Feeding Tea Leaves to Isopods

Acro

Anyone feed used tea leaves to their isopods?

I have non-caffeinated leaves (like mint tea, hibiscus tea, etc.) and caffeinated leaves (like green and black teas) too.  

Will the used tea leaves be a beneficial food for isopods?  Will is somehow be harmful?

What are your experience and thoughts?  

13 hours ago, Acro said:

Anyone feed used tea leaves to their isopods?

I have non-caffeinated leaves (like mint tea, hibiscus tea, etc.) and caffeinated leaves (like green and black teas) too.  

Will the used tea leaves be a beneficial food for isopods?  Will is somehow be harmful?

What are your experience and thoughts?  

I saw something today from an isopod breeder on Instagram that showed the use of a dried produce medley intended for pet reptiles in an enclosure. Theoretically, many herbal teas would work just as well. 

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Bump away!  I'm always open to people "digging up" my old threads.  More so, if they are still relevant or useful. 

But yes, I used both caffeinated leaves (black tea) and non-caffeinated leaves (green tea, mint tea, hibiscus tea, etc.).  Both were eaten, no ill effects noticed.

Hope that helps! 

• 1 year later...

Thank you this is very, very helpful.  I'm expecting isopods soon.  They are the kind that are more aquatic.  I'm doing research so any help is appreciated, thanks.