Hey

Andrew

Hey guys,

(Maybe not your typical intro, but here goes)

It's been a while since I last kept roaches, and to be honest it wasn't a good a very good experience. :lol:

Anyways, I'll probably be more of a lurker around here(at least in the actual discussion threads, since I don't have a whole lot to contribute), and who knows, maybe I'll come across a species that I can put up with eventually.

Not sure what else to say. :P

See you guys in the threads!

Andrew

Welcome Andrew!

Thanks for the intro! If you have any questions regardless of how basic or complicated, please feel free to post them! If you ever get to keeping roaches again, the people in this forum are very helpful and very wise in the roach ways....

I would like to hear more of what went sideways with your previous roach keeping experience... we could learn something from that!

Cheers!

Welcome Andrew!

Thanks for the intro! If you have any questions regardless of how basic or complicated, please feel free to post them! If you ever get to keeping roaches again, the people in this forum are very helpful and very wise in the roach ways....

I would like to hear more of what went sideways with your previous roach keeping experience... we could learn something from that!

Cheers!

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for joining the membership! I have to guess you keep some other kind of pet bug or animal. Reptiles...tarantulas...???

Welcome!

Peter

Welcome Andrew!

Cheers!

I bought a culture of lobster roaches off the net. They really took off and things seemed to be going good, so I started feeding them off. It was apparant pretty quickly that none of my animals were very fond of them, and eventually I ended up with a few escapees. It took a month or two before I finally managed to round them all up(I hope). I ended up disposing of the culture and went back to crickets.

Thats basically the long story short.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for joining the membership! I have to guess you keep some other kind of pet bug or animal. Reptiles...tarantulas...???

Welcome!

Peter

At the moment, my reptiles take the majority, but I'm starting up some mantids, and I do have a couple T's, and occasionally some Triops. Now that I think about it, I should've said that in the first post. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the welcomes! :)

Andrew

I bought a culture of lobster roaches off the net. They really took off and things seemed to be going good, so I started feeding them off. It was apparant pretty quickly that none of my animals were very fond of them, and eventually I ended up with a few escapees. It took a month or two before I finally managed to round them all up(I hope). I ended up disposing of the culture and went back to crickets.

Thats basically the long story short.

At the moment, my reptiles take the majority, but I'm starting up some mantids, and I do have a couple T's, and occasionally some Triops. Now that I think about it, I should've said that in the first post. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the welcomes! :)

Andrew

Oh, you're the Triops guy! I know youuuu! You do run the Triops forum, right? Shoot us all a link so that we can check it out again. What mantids are you working with?

Thanks,

Peter

Oh, you're the Triops guy! I know youuuu! You do run the Triops forum, right? Shoot us all a link so that we can check it out again. What mantids are you working with?

Thanks,

Peter

Haha, yeah, I'm the Triops guy.

triopsforum.proboards56.com is the current link, I really need to quit being so lazy and go buy the domain name. The place could use a few more upgrades...

Anyways, I've got a few P. virescen ootheca, and a P. chlorophaea ooth should be on its way in the next week or so. For now I'll be focusing all my energy on these two species. It's been a long time since I last kept any mantids, and I dont want to go overkill again. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump this, but the triops forum took another move. You can find it at www.triopsforum.com, and again, its a temporary forum, and I'm still working with/editing it. I'd like to upgrade to something much nicer, but its a rather costly endeavor...

Anyways, thought I'd throw this out there.

Thanks,

Andrew

P.S. So much for two species of mantids! LOL. :lol: