Half dead dubias

Shipi

Dear Roachkeepers,

I have a big problem. Yesterday I have cleaned my dubia bin because of mites and invading crickets. I put all dubias in a bucket and then washed the bin and cooked the substrate. Then I had have to go to work and left the roaches in the bucket for approx. 8 hours. At night when I get home found the roaches's 90% half dead - or whatever. I put them back to their enclosure immediately and heat the cage up and hope they will be okay for the morning. Now I just checked them, but nothing changed. They are still just lying and if I bother them they do not want to move or anything. It's a little colony - approx. 100 specimen - and the majority is adult. But the nymphs are doing this too. I do not want them to die but I do not know what can be the problem. I'm looking for any idea!

Thanks!

Zoltan

• 2 weeks later...

What happened to these guys?

What was the bucket used for before this?

Nothing but water from the clime. But it's clear. Before I put them in I washed out the bucket with clear water. So I do not understand. I can still find dead specimens in there. :S

Dear Roachkeepers,

I have a big problem. Yesterday I have cleaned my dubia bin because of mites and invading crickets. I put all dubias in a bucket and then washed the bin and cooked the substrate. Then I had have to go to work and left the roaches in the bucket for approx. 8 hours. At night when I get home found the roaches's 90% half dead - or whatever. I put them back to their enclosure immediately and heat the cage up and hope they will be okay for the morning. Now I just checked them, but nothing changed. They are still just lying and if I bother them they do not want to move or anything. It's a little colony - approx. 100 specimen - and the majority is adult. But the nymphs are doing this too. I do not want them to die but I do not know what can be the problem. I'm looking for any idea!

Thanks!

Zoltan

Dear Zoltan,

I am sure they were steamed - they need fresh air but maybe it is too late.:(

I had this problem after moving last year- I lost over 300,000 dubias and over 50.000 discoids!