Finally Got My A Tesselata Nymphs

So I've finally got some Tesselata only 7 nymphs but it's a start now praying some mature into females as I've read there usually male heavy 

Set them up in a Bio 25 litre tub for now I'll move them into something taller before they moult to adult 

Crushed up Leaf litter - Crushed up Rotted wood - Shredded Natural Live Moss for sub with whole leaf litter on top and at one end of the tub a large piece of natural live moss with natural bark hides 

My own High protein dry food plus some shrimp under the bark and a fruit/veg selection to see what their preferences are 

As always comments advice welcomed 

SB

Screenshot_2022-09-03-17-09-13-75_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817_copy_180x275.jpg.ff50487bf88bfe014fed7a0e64de6c4d.jpgIMG20220903134618_copy_780x1040.thumb.jpg.6feaadeb1eb6c97ad3e8bbe89294e6ff.jpg

• Like 2

Congratulations!  I hope you have great success.

• 2 months later...

Update got my first adult 😁 

IMG_20221117_201106_copy_482x813.thumb.jpg.e42e5e12b97a9c14535b5c47e550c12f.jpg

Well it's the first one I've seen so I'll have a gently look through later to check as they're were 7 nymphs various sizes but several big ones and they've all been growing very fast but wasn't expecting adults just yet 

They're much prettier in the flesh as it where and so calm very enjoyable to handle 

And just for the record measured at 7cm I was expecting them to be bigger but maybe it just seems small compared to my hybrids as I'm used to their size now 

Just hope they all survive as I've read they can just die after moulting to adult 

I'll update as necessary 

SB 

• Like 2

On 11/17/2022 at 1:26 PM, Silverback said:

Update got my first adult 😁 

IMG_20221117_201106_copy_482x813.thumb.jpg.e42e5e12b97a9c14535b5c47e550c12f.jpg

Well it's the first one I've seen so I'll have a gently look through later to check as they're were 7 nymphs various sizes but several big ones and they've all been growing very fast but wasn't expecting adults just yet 

They're much prettier in the flesh as it where and so calm very enjoyable to handle 

And just for the record measured at 7cm I was expecting them to be bigger but maybe it just seems small compared to my hybrids as I'm used to their size now 

Just hope they all survive as I've read they can just die after moulting to adult 

I'll update as necessary 

SB 

Very nice, congrats! 😄 Hopefully the others mature soon!

• 7 months later...

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I'd like to but I tried to get some pics for my friend who shared the original nymphs he got from Germany with me 7 each and mine all matured first and I'm the first to have nymphs but I caught a glimpse of the group guesstimate 20+ as they vanished into the sub at warp speed my sub is loose forest floor with several inches of leaf litter on top so catching a tiny Nymph is let's say challenging without destroying the set up tho I managed to catch one but couldn't get a decent pic as it was very fast and didn't stop moving once but I'll keep trying

SB 

• 6 months later...

Congrats!

I'll keep an eye on your progress. I had these years ago, they popped out little 'uns without any special attention on my part. I got another batch a couple of years ago, pampered them, and it seemed I could barely encourage them to eat, let alone breed. Thinking of trying again, but taking lots of notes...

On 11/17/2022 at 8:26 PM, Silverback said:

The last lot of nymphs I had, the males all matured quicker, so I separated out the females and kept them warmer to speed things up. The last one, the smallest nymph, I thought would take another couple of moults to mature. Took one, and came out maybe two thirds the size of the other adults!