No substrate required

I'm looking to start a new colony, but want something that can kept without substrate. I have dubias, red runners, and hissers and I keep them all the same way, and would like to keep it that way. Specifically curious about death heads, ivory's, and discoids, but would like to know of every roach you all have kept without soil. 

I have been on the fence about discoids, I would like something more impressive, I would like something new but would I benefit more by just using that space for more dubia and/or red runners? Everything is feeders now and currently sustaining the hungry mouths but I do just like the roaches but I would like to have more things that eat them

17 hours ago, 8733K3R said:

Nobody does soil-less set ups? Y'all are better people than myself. I'm gonna try deaths heads and I let you know if it works. 

Yeah I don't like substrate-less setups lol, I always use substrate for everything (except assassin bug nymphs).

• 5 months later...

Still haven't got the death's heads. Was thinking of orange heads instead, but i dont think they are as cool. I'm but quickly running out of space.

For anyone wondering red runners/lats are the absolute best feeder species 100%. I have high hundreds of nymphs hatch daily, out of 3 80 qt. breeder bins, a hatch bin the same size and a 55 gallon holder bin. I'm going to start trying unheated bins and see if breeding still occurs. 

What is everyone up to? Forum has been dead for a while? Is there an easier way to post pictures?, without a hosting thing?

On 7/12/2023 at 1:16 PM, 8733K3R said:

Still haven't got the death's heads. Was thinking of orange heads instead, but i dont think they are as cool. I'm but quickly running out of space.

For anyone wondering red runners/lats are the absolute best feeder species 100%. I have high hundreds of nymphs hatch daily, out of 3 80 qt. breeder bins, a hatch bin the same size and a 55 gallon holder bin. I'm going to start trying unheated bins and see if breeding still occurs. 

What is everyone up to? Forum has been dead for a while? Is there an easier way to post pictures?, without a hosting thing?

I believe it's either hosting or resizing under 300 mb for photos.

I miss the forum being active too.