oranges with dubia and laterlis increase mating?

skips

There was a thread posted on arachnoboards recently attributing massive increases in producation to using oranges or grapefruit in some cases. I personally didn't have any dubia reproducing for months until I added oranges and alot of people have had the experience. Has anybody run into something similar? Is that a documented thing or mass coincidence? Maybe we all on arachnoboards are feeding our roaches nutrient sufficient food, supplemented by oranges?

• 7 months later...

the old colony i have that isnt doing anything(not even nymphs growing anymore) wont really hardly touch any fruit, the new dubia eat everything including each other mostly, when i have every food imaginable in by them besides meat, and the new ones even eat the fruit flies, chase them down and gobble them up. what would you suggest, apart from seperating the nymphs from the adults for more room, and to stop them from all eating each other?

all inverts are in a closet. my adults have half a ten gallon to more of egg cartons, and an egg crate, with news paper to utilize more space, and on the other end i have the food dish, and water dish with green crystals and water, in both corners, with a fruit dish in between them. the seperated nymphs have about at least a ten gallon tub too, with three egg crates with news paper over it, taking up at least a fourth of the tub, with food and water dishes the same(except has to be filed daily). temps are in the mid seventies, but usually eighties, but mainly eighty. humidity is about sixty. i feed for dry: dog, chick, cricket, fish, and others i cant think of. fruit i feed peaches(as its all the fruit besides pomegranate the old colony will eat any of at all), banana, apple, and the pomegranate(will have to try the carrots as i forget if i have, but i feed to my mealies and dorkus beetles). its just odd as my crix, and hissers seem to be doing greater than anyone local ive heard of(my hissers went from hatchlings shipped to me by a freind as freebies with the first dubia colony, to adults bigger than my thumb, in three monthes, as he said itd take at least a year to two, even though most say now it only takes four monthes). the first colony(the one thats not doing anything right now, but had a bunch of babies disapear, and no new adults molt out since the begining of august), was in a screened plastic shoe box with a big egg carton then sweater box, until i got the bins in october, they have two two three egg crates for half a dozen females, some nymps, and three males(two of which i just added, and the original just molted out in begining of august, when i moved the first time from flooding and mold dammage). i had some tiny feeder crix that hatched out in begining of august also or end of july, that got in with the hissers and first dubia colony, and they were adults i seperated when i settled and got the standard tubs.