Odd spot to molt.

Kevin

So I saw this Eurycotis decipiens molting on the side of the glass tank. I was thinking to myself hmm thats an interesting spot to do it..... I was trying to figure out how it was gonna crawl out of its skin and not fall. About 5 minutes later I was sitting on the computer... and heard a loud plop. She fell right off the wall. Didn't hurt her but it was still funny. Never seen one molt on a wall like that.

URL=http://img69.imageshack.us/i/glowpedes001.jpg/]glowpedes001.jpg[/url]

Kevin

My E. prosticus have found a way to climb on the walls of their roughneck rubbermaid container. The females specifically crawl up the sides to molt to avoid being swarmed by the males. :)

Coincidentally, I don't see nearly as many chewed up wings nowadays as I did before I moved them to this new container.

Very mantidlike. I've seen Parcoblatta molt like this too. You're lucky she wasnt' injured!

• 2 weeks later...
My E. prosticus have found a way to climb on the walls of their roughneck rubbermaid container. The females specifically crawl up the sides to molt to avoid being swarmed by the males. :)

Coincidentally, I don't see nearly as many chewed up wings nowadays as I did before I moved them to this new container.

I'm not sure how old your container is, but the warping of plastic and micro-scratches from cleaning with a scouring pad will allow them to climb surfaces they previously couldn't. We've had that problem in the past.