naturalistic enclosures?

how come more people dont setup naturalistic enclosures?i understand the whole plastic bin and eggcrates is easier but dont you think naturalistic looks 100 times better.IMO i enjoy looking at my hissers as if they were in there natural habitat alot better than crawling in and out of crates from above..dont you?

They are more difficult to maintain (especially with large numbers of roaches), and there are more potential pests. Of course, they're much nicer to look at, and the roaches do seem to enjoy themselves.

They are more difficult to maintain (especially with large numbers of roaches), and there are more potential pests. Of course, they're much nicer to look at, and the roaches do seem to enjoy themselves.

i understand..but its sooo worth the trouble.for example,im thinking more people should keep the large colony in the bin and a few same sexed individuals in a naturalistic cage for a centerpiece in there main living space.people seem to like,even enjoy roaches in this way alot more than seeing a couple thousand together in a bin.they get in closer to have a better look other than running in fear(well they kinda run at first,but then come back for another look)i dont know,the roach hobby just seems more enjoyable with natural enclosures,IMO

Personally, if I was going to do a "roach enclosure," it would probably have P. septentrionalis, P. nivea, B. craniifer, P. australiensis, and P. surinamensis in it. Maybe a 29 gallon, lushly planted enclosure with a water dish "pond" in the center. It would be somewhat easy to manage, but I don't have the space. :P

They do become self-sustaining to a pretty good degree. I would do a tall enclosure with hissers and Blaberus sp., with some palm-tree types, succulent plants and multiple levels of bark flats.