Jump to content

pine tree bark for hissers


Recommended Posts

i have a small dead austalian pine tree thats been dead for years and infested with termites and ants.i knocked half of it over and got some real pretty large pieces of bark come off of,almost looks like cork bark halves.is the pine tree bark safe to decorate a hisser enclosure?i heard that pine isnt good for insects but im not sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it's dead for years it should be no problem.

The "toxins" inside are mainly essential oils in the resin and they evaporate over time. These vapors could harm insects in a tiny enclosure and that seems to be the main problem; they won't eat it if there is still harmful resin inside ;) .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...