Heat enhancer

vfox

Okay so I've always had issues heating my inverts and I think I've figured something out that may be of use. Metals absorb heat, but shiny metals reflect light and holds heat. Now, I needed something easy to shape and apply near a red bulb to reflect the light heat and absorb/maintain the thermal energy. Then it hit me, aluminum duct tape! With aluminum duct tape I can create a layer of light and heat reflectors within a tank and effectively increase the efficiency of the heat bulbs output. I've lined the lids of a few enclosures and almost immediately the temperature jumped by nearly eight degrees. My lats no longer huddle at the heat lamp and my death heads have finally started to do mating behavior towards one another. The average temp inside the cages are still under 80F but that's better than barely above 70!

Basically it acts like the reflector dome that the bulb is already in but it does roughly the same thing inside the tank. Yay for more heat and breeding! :)

Okay so I've always had issues heating my inverts and I think I've figured something out that may be of use. Metals absorb heat, but shiny metals reflect light and holds heat. Now, I needed something easy to shape and apply near a red bulb to reflect the light heat and absorb/maintain the thermal energy. Then it hit me, aluminum duct tape! With aluminum duct tape I can create a layer of light and heat reflectors within a tank and effectively increase the efficiency of the heat bulbs output. I've lined the lids of a few enclosures and almost immediately the temperature jumped by nearly eight degrees. My lats no longer huddle at the heat lamp and my death heads have finally started to do mating behavior towards one another. The average temp inside the cages are still under 80F but that's better than barely above 70!

Basically it acts like the reflector dome that the bulb is already in but it does roughly the same thing inside the tank. Yay for more heat and breeding! :)

:D good idea :D