The elusive...

Zephyr

Wow they do look quite primitive. Did you find these or did you get them from a source? I'm hopefully going to find some of those this spring...along with many more Parcoblatta species. :D

Wow they do look quite primitive. Did you find these or did you get them from a source? I'm hopefully going to find some of those this spring...along with many more Parcoblatta species. :D

A friend of mine sent them to me. Good luck finding them; he only finds them occasionally but when he does, he finds quite a few.

A friend of mine sent them to me. Good luck finding them; he only finds them occasionally but when he does, he finds quite a few.

Does he split open logs to find them or in the leaf litter?

Excellent. Got a lot?

Excellent. Got a lot?

That one female is the sole survivor out of a batch of roughly 20. They were shipped during warm weather so I think the warmth killed the microorganisms they need to digest wood.

I received another set during the fall of 2-3 adults, 3-5 large nymphs and 8 or so medium nymphs; these are doing well and I hope I'll see newborns soon!

That one female is the sole survivor out of a batch of roughly 20. They were shipped during warm weather so I think the warmth killed the microorganisms they need to digest wood.

I received another set during the fall of 2-3 adults, 3-5 large nymphs and 8 or so medium nymphs; these are doing well and I hope I'll see newborns soon!

This is certainly a genus that needs more research done on. If you're not already Kyle, take notes! :)