Plastic Material Perches Instead Of The Biodegradable Perches.

TiercelR

Plastic material perches instead of the biodegradable perches.

I had founded that the egg cartoons tends to get molded after of only a few of misting sessions even without the use of any substrate in the bottoms of the bins, ending with the need of the whole replacement of all the egg cartoons with new ones.

And that is a lot unnecessary of work !! and so actually i has stopped at all any misting session for to avoid at all the possible molding troubles directly derived by this cause.

Which options of plastic materials as perches could work better within of the roach bins ??

I had readed that the desert locust cages works well with metal gauze or metal mesh perches, but it could be too heavy for the multiple perches that are required within a lonely roach bin. For this reason the plastic perches could be a much better option than that.

Thanks in advance for your comments, regards.

I posted this in your other thread but I'll put it here as well. I use either cork bark or cork sheets as hides (perches as you're calling them) and they work really well. I also use plastic tubes that I get from work, (they are the plastic tube inside of receipt paper rolls) they are only good for smaller roaches though. I also use small plastic hides made for small lizards or the like. If you want natural though why not try coconut shells? You could use cheap cut up garden hose as well because they are supposed to be a human safe plastic/rubber they shouldn't harm the roaches. Other than that you can try PVC piping used for water pipes...they are not the best because of possible chemical residue but will work for almost any sized cockroach.

I posted this in your other thread but I'll put it here as well. I use either cork bark or cork sheets as hides (perches as you're calling them) and they work really well. I also use plastic tubes that I get from work, (they are the plastic tube inside of receipt paper rolls) they are only good for smaller roaches though. I also use small plastic hides made for small lizards or the like. If you want natural though why not try coconut shells? You could use cheap cut up garden hose as well because they are supposed to be a human safe plastic/rubber they shouldn't harm the roaches. Other than that you can try PVC piping used for water pipes...they are not the best because of possible chemical residue but will work for almost any sized cockroach.

Hi vfox, thanks for your reply. Many very good ideas for to choose ! also i am considering if may work small rectangles or squares made of plastic mosquitoe mesh (as these used for the windows) mounted on small wood frames.

Or also to try with a few of these transparent plastic egg crates, but they have the disvantage of to be too much smooth for to get a good grip of the roach legs, but there must be a way for improving this transparent plastic egg crates for make them useful. Thanks, regards.

if you want plastic PVC is youre best bet just make sure you wash it well. other than that i'm a big fan of cork bark the one down side to it is it's expensive but it last for ever basicly and it looks more natural.

Hi Ozymandias, thanks for your reply. If the cork bark or the cork sheets don´t get molded with the humidity, so i must try on them. Thanks, regards.