Lobster Roaches Tends To Fight Too Much ??

Hi, i have noted that my lobster roaches spend the most of their time fighting in any place within their bins even in their feeding trays.

Is that a normal behaviour in any lobster roach bin ?? my bins really are not overpopulated, they have lots of empty spaces for to enjoy there, and plenty of food and water for all, so do not appear to be a problem of territoriality fights.

Maybe the bins have an excess of males each bin, but i dont know it for sure because its a some difficult to ID the gender of the lobster roaches, and the time required for to separate males from females of the lobster roaches could be too much doe to their difficult visual dimorfism between their genders.

So, the lobster roaches tends to fight too much as their normal behaviour or this is a very particular case ??

This may have influence in their numbers keeped inside of each bin ?? i have around of 250 adults inside of each bin with plenty of empty hides for all.

I has noted that while my B lateralis do fight occasionally, even they are much less prone to fight, and they are much more sociables and tolerant with its relatives than the way that do the much less sociables lobster roaches.

So i am able of to keep around of 500 --the double of quantity-- of the B lateralis within of the same size of bins and with much less problems of fights than the haved with the lobster roaches. And even with the 500 B lateralis the bins still having plenty of free space for to support very well the double of the quantity of roaches -- for to say 1000 of them--, and the same apply with the space available for the lobster roaches within of the same size of bins.

Despite of the fights, i still being able of to raise their numbers from 250 to 500 lobster roaches inside of each bin or i must keep their very low numbers of 250 despite of a lot of the waste space within of their bins ?? Thanks, regards.

I have probably around 1000 or so in a sterlite bin, it's not very big, maybe 25 quart or so. Mine fight a little but overall the fighting never causes them damage, it's just fighting over females and maybe territory. I feed off my males though so maybe the few remaining males have enough of a female population to keep them happy. In general though, roaches fight, I wouldnt worry too much unless your numbers start dropping from it.

I have probably around 1000 or so in a sterlite bin, it's not very big, maybe 25 quart or so. Mine fight a little but overall the fighting never causes them damage, it's just fighting over females and maybe territory. I feed off my males though so maybe the few remaining males have enough of a female population to keep them happy. In general though, roaches fight, I wouldnt worry too much unless your numbers start dropping from it.

Hi vfox, thanks for your reply. My bins are of 27 quart without a substrate, each full of vertical egg crates and the feeder and water trays on the top of the egg crates. The wasted time the males spend on fighting might be much better employed if instead they use this wasted time for to fertilize in a hurry on the solitary females that were leaved alone :) Thanks, regards.