My bug nerd youtube account

vfox

I have been uploading videos lately of my honey bees and thought to myself...why not do some videos on my cockroaches? I filmed a few with my phone so they are so-so quality but they are basically just me rambling about the bin, the roach, and general care for them. I cover lats, lobsters, hissers, americans, orange heads, and firefly mimics. I will be adding more later. I do ramble btw...fair warning. :P

http://www.youtube.com/user/Vfox1983?feature=mhsn

Have a look and let me know what you guys think.

Hi vfox, great videos, thanks for share them !! how do you warm your roach bins that appear in your videos ?? your bearded dragon viewed in its enclosure is impressive !! thanks, regards.

Hi vfox, great videos, thanks for share them !! how do you warm your roach bins that appear in your videos ?? your bearded dragon viewed in its enclosure is impressive !! thanks, regards.

I use heatlamps with red bulb lights to warm them. I have the bins on a utility rack and one light per level. Most of the time my house it cold, around 60F, so the tanks need it. They stay on average between 70-75F.

vfox i noticed how you are having a problem with the labels lol, try switching to this thing the plastic cartridges just seam to stick better.

Honestly it's only that one tag lol. I'm not about to pay for a p-touch machine, my 1970's label maker does just fine. :P

lol competently understand, so jealous of your Gyna lurida btw

I got them from Orin a while ago, he has the yellow morph pretty well isolated. They don't do all that well for me so I am really hoping these guys finally breed.

I use heatlamps with red bulb lights to warm them. I have the bins on a utility rack and one light per level. Most of the time my house it cold, around 60F, so the tanks need it. They stay on average between 70-75F.

Hi vfox, thanks for the info, i can see that the flexwatt thing may don´t work in your bins doe the most of them have a substrate. Thanks, regards.

Hi vfox, thanks for the info, i can see that the flexwatt thing may don´t work in your bins doe the most of them have a substrate. Thanks, regards.

I use coco fiber substrate in all of my bins. Not only does it hold te moisture a little better but it also keeps the smell down a bit. Roaches like Lats tend to have a bit of an odor, the substrate helps to reduce that by absorbing the odor and containing the frass fairly well.