Can LEGO replace egg crates ?

RaZias

Since I am searching for a plastic substitute for egg crates (that isn´t plastic egg crates) so I can wash it and re-use it I was thinking on making shelves made of LEGO.

With LEGO you can do any type of shelve (or structure...a castle whatever...).

There are even LEGO parts with side holes to facilitate a easy climb.

Even if the plastic is too smooth there is a radical option of sanding off a little with a steel sponge.

LEGO are less expensive than making a plastic shelve and I think you can order the exact parts you need by internet. (in the Pick-a-brick section at shop.lego.com)

I don't think it will work its so slippery and the holes are small enough for only the tiniest roaches.

I buy wood decor from the reptile section at my pet store, roaches love to hide in it. They have driftwood and wood from trees, both provide hiding spaces, look nice, and roaches nibble on it as a snack

I don't think it will work its so slippery and the holes are small enough for only the tiniest roaches.

I buy wood decor from the reptile section at my pet store, roaches love to hide in it. They have driftwood and wood from trees, both provide hiding spaces, look nice, and roaches nibble on it as a snack

1- The "holes on the lego pieces" that I am talking about are only to allow the roaches to put their legs on so they can climb better.

2- By sanding it off the lego parts wont be so slipery.

3- The Lego structure will provide a "hive struture" to put inside another structure (like a wood decor or inside a hide box)

4- It´s true that wood looks better but how do you clean it ? Putting water would ruin wood...but you got to get ride of their "poop" somehow...

• 4 months later...

are you talking about regular legos? Because the giant sized lego blocks might work better. Then they could hide in the holes, and in the spaces between the holes and the walls.

While I was googling them I notice at least one of the big lego blocks didn't have the holes on the inside (like an empty box), so I'd watch for that if you ordered them.

to bad they didn't have these earth blocks in the large size. Although it says its made with bark, saw dust, some other crap, as well as other recycled materials. I wonder what other recycled materials.. http://www.guggenhei...arthblocks.html

edit: actually after thinking about it, they might expand when moist like a peat moss brick. that could get messy quick if they do