I'm thinking about getting 200 small nymph lobster roach colony started as I hear these will grow and be reproducing within the 2-3 day shipping. ( J/K ) Can these climb over packing tape bordering the top part of the container ? For those who keep Lobster roaches , how do you contain these crazy bugs ?

• 3 months later...

I'm thinking about getting 200 small nymph lobster roach colony started as I hear these will grow and be reproducing within the 2-3 day shipping. ( J/K ) Can these climb over packing tape bordering the top part of the container ? For those who keep Lobster roaches , how do you contain these crazy bugs ?

First- no nymphs can be reproduce

Second- they climb over everything (you must use silicon grease or vaseline)

• 4 weeks later...

they were my first roach, and I hated them. I got rid of them and didn't get another roach species for years. They are too fast, and too hard to keep contained. I have bearded dragons, so I would put vaseline around the top of the aquarium, but the lights for the beardies would dry it out all the time. As soon as its even a little dry, they can easily cross it, so you have to keep doing it all the time. I just really dont think its worth the trouble no matter how fast they breed. I doubt I'll ever bother with any climbing species again after that ordeal.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.