Dubia flight

I no male dubia can fly. when one escaped he got on my bed, which is low and near a wall so don'y no how far he flew. anyway I found this clip. i just wondered if anyone new how far they can fly in captivity, as im changing their enclosure to use it for hissers. the one i'm gonna use has no lid and I want to know how much space to leave between the top of the furniture and the top of the bin. thanks.

so how do you know he was able to fly on the bed.maybe he fell from the ceiling or was able to climb up from a sheet or blanket maybe even the frame itself

our bins are large air holes in them 8x4in never had any fly out.when sorting they will flutter and glide but never and flight up.

I've had them flutter away before when handling them, but it was more like gliding then flying. He got pretty far - a good 6 feet and still managed to land on a table that was two feet off the ground. (Well, not on the table but a bucket of water. >< I fished him out and he was fine.)

I've had them flutter away before when handling them, but it was more like gliding then flying. He got pretty far - a good 6 feet and still managed to land on a table that was two feet off the ground. (Well, not on the table but a bucket of water. >< I fished him out and he was fine.)

Lol. the floor is quite a dark colour and all I no is landing on my bed and staying there until i found him at least 10 mins later is pretty much impossible lol