My "natural" set up for dubias and madagascars

rockpython

It's peat mixed with dried leaves and misc. reptile hides. They seem to like it since they are reproducing. Heat comes from an 85(?) watt red light and its misted once or twice a day.

RockyP

Thank you! I am working on an idea for a display shelf. I want it to be something where you can only see the front. (Think aquarium in the wall) something that will feature different insects as well as roaches. (millipedes, stick insects, and scorpions when my boy is older, ect.)

That is nice....but is that potting soil? Looks like perlite is in there. If it is just know there are fertilizers in almost all bagged potting,top,starting soils it smells a little uric and is not good inside a cage.

If you really want it naturalistic put a deep layer of dirt from outside..don't believe the pesticides or bacteria hype... Just dump it in no sterilizing needed. Then put a nice layer of leaflitter and there you go. I love natural cages it really makes keeping fun and interactive.

That is nice....but is that potting soil? Looks like perlite is in there. If it is just know there are fertilizers in almost all bagged potting,top,starting soils it smells a little uric and is not good inside a cage.

If you really want it naturalistic put a deep layer of dirt from outside..don't believe the pesticides or bacteria hype... Just dump it in no sterilizing needed. Then put a nice layer of leaflitter and there you go. I love natural cages it really makes keeping fun and interactive.

Its peat moss. The kind that gets compressed into a brick and then expands when wet. the white you see is oats. :)