Travel with Hissers

Bridges

I'm a high school science teacher working in Haiti. I'd like to purchase some Hissers while I'm back in the States for the summer and travel with them to Haiti to raise in my classroom.

I understand that the U.S. is quite strict about bringing any kind of animals in, but I'm not too worried about taking them out. My question is has anyone ever flown with their roaches (ideally in checked luggage) and if so, how did it work out? Any ideas for packaging, etc? And thoughts on survivability?

Thanks,

Scott Bridges

Port-de-Paix, Haiti

I'm a high school science teacher working in Haiti. I'd like to purchase some Hissers while I'm back in the States for the summer and travel with them to Haiti to raise in my classroom.

I understand that the U.S. is quite strict about bringing any kind of animals in, but I'm not too worried about taking them out. My question is has anyone ever flown with their roaches (ideally in checked luggage) and if so, how did it work out? Any ideas for packaging, etc? And thoughts on survivability?

Thanks,

Scott Bridges

Port-de-Paix, Haiti

Ricky Willis known as Roachman willis in New York City acted as the middle man when I wanted to let some of my Discoid roaches go 7 years ago. Conveniently, he had a friend from Venezuela who was going back there at the same time. So after sending some to Ricky, his friend transported them down there with him. So while Ricky is retired now, I imagine he could give you some advice after having his friend do that for me. Last I knew his e-mail was www.roachmanwillis.com.