Parcoblatta americana

kellakk

Hi everyone, I'm a lurker here with a couple roach colonies, and I love roaches! They're definitely my favorite insects. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here has experience with Parcoblatta americana? I went out today and collect 5 or 6 nymphs, but saw more than double that. Those nymphs are so fast! They're currently set up with 2-3 inches of oak leaf litter mixed with peat moss, with a few pieces of rotting oak in there with them.

As a side note, I'd like to start colonies of all the roaches native to California. Any tips on finding Arenivaga spp. and the like?

Hi everyone, I'm a lurker here with a couple roach colonies, and I love roaches! They're definitely my favorite insects. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here has experience with Parcoblatta americana? I went out today and collect 5 or 6 nymphs, but saw more than double that. Those nymphs are so fast! They're currently set up with 2-3 inches of oak leaf litter mixed with peat moss, with a few pieces of rotting oak in there with them.

As a side note, I'd like to start colonies of all the roaches native to California. Any tips on finding Arenivaga spp. and the like?

Hi. While I don't have any advice for you, I would just like to share my sentiments. Roaches are MY favorite insects also for several reasons: their color varieties; cute, wavy antennae; their gentle disposition; the fact they're so hated and hunted. Are your reasons similar to mine? I live in the north and the most experience I've had with American is seeing them raced at Cornell University. Anyway, best of luck getting all the species you want and enjoy!

Hmm, was it really Parcoblatta americana, or was it Periplaneta americana? But yes, I like roaches because of their interesting behavior, the variety in their looks, and the fact that they're so hated. I'm glad I found a place where people share my opinion.