American Cockroaches in the wild?

Keith

I live in New York (not near city area). I have small wooded areas and empty lots near houses, do wild american cockroaches live here outside in warm weather? We have plenty of fallen trees that are decaying and garbage.

It's possible but only if the species has migrated to or been introduced to that area. As well as it having established a large enough population to keep their numbers on a slow but steady increase. Otherwise you'll likely not see any.

I live in New York (not near city area). I have small wooded areas and empty lots near houses, do wild american cockroaches live here outside in warm weather? We have plenty of fallen trees that are decaying and garbage.

The only American I've seen in New York was at Cornell Univ. But I've only spent one day in the THE CITY area, so... Good luck finding some Keith. In my opinion, they're the prettiest of the "pest" species I've seen. If you do, maybe all buy some from ya.

Yes but mainly in warmer climates. At least here in the states.

They are actually common all over. You would probably see more of them in warmer climates because in hot days they are out during the night flying around. But I guess there is a bigger population in the hot areas but I am saying that there are many anywhere.