Jump to content

T. olegrandjeani emerged, and some experiences with mold control


Forcep
 Share

Recommended Posts

It is such a great time to see my first ?-mark adult pumping out!

post-3283-0-31063300-1392703364_thumb.jpg

At first I've encountered serious mold problems which made me thought I'll never try dead-leaf feeders any more. All the leaves would become moldy in one or two days; and amazingly there were so little information about mold problems with dead leaves. The problem was solved by using bone dry substrate, but I feel sorry for the roaches.

After a few months I noticed that there're some mites and spring tails developed in my B. giganteus colony, so I changed my ?-mark set up with those soils, then put leaves in. And guess what? No mold any more!

And there're two tips I've got from that:

1, T. olegrandjeani can develop in bone dry substrate with a constant water source. However the nymphs love moisture; they all gather in the wet side now (I've made the other side dry).

2. Get some spring tails if you wanna start a leaf litter dwelling species. I think I've got my spring tails from rotten wood I've brought in. I must thank those little guys for giving me confidence in rearing leaf litter dwellers, can't wait for the spring to get more species!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...