My egg-eating snake :D

Tongue Flicker

Just wanted to share one of many reasons why my username is what it is :D

My 2nd favorite pet snake, Oligodon ancorus, that i named Genghis.

Having his momentary sunbath (they rarely if not never bask, so it was absolutely unnecessary lol)

10329074_633557220070055_194042877536792821_n.jpg

10313319_633557243403386_8471300712619623825_n.jpg

Having his weekly favorite dish, raw egg yolks :D

10308230_633557270070050_1922426763782644808_n.jpg

In case your wondering, despite his small size and the thick calluses on your hand, they can inflict a very nasty bite due to their specialized teeth used to slit open eggshells :)

What a fantastic animal. Whenever I think of egg-eaters, I picture the brown/olive-colored species, so it's nice to see one that's a little bit more colorful and patterned.

Very cool. I hope to pick up one of these one day.I wasn't aware they would drink liquid egg. Thought I'd need quail eggs.

One chicken egg yolk every 5 days to a week is usually suffice for this species. Unlike most snakes, i've seen this one drink egg contents til they get so bloated and regurgitate everything in the process lol. I use to give it 2 beaten quail eggs a day. But it was so tedious.

What a fantastic animal. Whenever I think of egg-eaters, I picture the brown/olive-colored species, so it's nice to see one that's a little bit more colorful and patterned.

So true. The asian egg-eaters have some pretty colorful representatives unlike their african Dasypeltis counterpart. But the african egg-eaters are unique coz they swallow the egg whole whereas this one makes a slit on the shell so they could sip the contents