Pollen feeding Cockroach from Thailand, ID please.

RobT

I hope someone can help with these cockroaches that appear to be feeding on pollen from what I think is Bidens alba.

The surrounding area was primarily rice fields, bamboo with deciduos trees, Chiang Mai province, Northern Thailand.

My guess is that they are different nymph stages of the same species, there were a dozen or so in an area a few meters square.

Many thanks in advance.

708851_orig.jpg

3590581_orig.jpg

Wow! Sorry, I have no idea what they are.

My guess is that they are different nymph stages of the same species

Or the nymphs in both photos are in the same instar stage (I guess sub-adult) but the bottom photo is a female and top is a male (just a guess). Were they both about the same size?

MrCrackerpants, thankyou.

Hi happy1892, thank you for your insight, both were approx the same sise, around 10 mm.

I've been trying to ID these for weeks, unable to find any images that are remotely close.

Hi happy1892,

Thank you for the link, I'm actually at member at that site, but got no responce when I posted these roaches.

Had a closer look at a previous spotting of mine but this time taken in dence forest, smaller around 5 mm.

There appears to be a similarity between this and the one you suggested was a female.

5266232_orig.jpg

408597_orig.jpg

It looks like the wing-buds are kind of large so possibly pre-sub or sub-adult.

None of the Ellipsidion live in Thailand. I just did a quick look through and not an extensive search so I am not certain if there are no Ellipsidion in Thailand.

http://cockroach.speciesfile.org/Common/basic/Taxa.aspx?TaxonNameID=1177010

• 4 weeks later...