ROACH FOOD?

Posted by Olivia on 4/20/2006, 1:39 pm, in reply to "Re: ROACH FOOD?"

You'll have better luck using cat food. I like Whiskas the best because it's not so greasy, which makes cleaning the coffee grinder much easier. Some of the other brands of cat food I've tried were so greasy, they'd get stuck to the bottom instead of pouring out nice and clean. Dog food was even worse.

Aside from the cat or dog food, you should also supply a good mix of grains, fruits, and vegetables. Breakfast cereal, any kind of bread (sandwich bread is a nice, cheap choice), oranges, apples, romaine lettuce, strawberries, bananas, carrots, etc. Different ages and sexes have different dietary needs, so it's better to offer a good variety of foods and let the roaches pick what they need for themselves rather than trying to create a single magic blend.

olivia@midspark.net

Link: www.BugChick.com

Posted by Johnson on 5/3/2006, 3:49 am, in reply to "ROACH FOOD?"

I use a pulverizer with a blunt blade. It's used for powdering herbs used for chinese medicine and it costs about US$250. After burning out a blender I think it's a good investment. It turns the hardest kind of dog biscuit into powder in 15-20 seconds.

As for dog food I use adult formula with less protein and low fat. And this is the main dish for most "feeder" species.

johnson_or@hotmail.com

Posted by aquanut on 5/11/2006, 6:52 pm, in reply to "Re: ROACH FOOD?"

2 suggestions

Don't use your spouses appliance, get one from the thrift store. My $2 blender works great. If it does burn up, oh well.

Grind in small batches. My cheapo Oster blender handles even the hardest chunks.

aquanut@cableone.net