Recommended Small Display Species

pannaking22

Been looking to set up a display centered around one of the smaller species of roaches (no Blaberus, hissers or A. tesselata). Does anyone have any recommendations on small roach species that still would be a nice display species? From what I've seen so far, my P. septentrionalis and various Gyna seem to be front runners for a nice display enclosure, but I'm open to other options.

Panchlora nivea, Blaberidae sp. Kenya, Schultesia lampyridiformes, and Paratemnopteryx colouniana are all active species in my vivariums. The Schultesia are well worth a shot but they need fine bark chips in which to lay eggs and for the young to hide in. No open top vivariums with any of these species.

All the best from Bill. :D

Thanks for all the input everyone!

Panchlora nivea, Blaberidae sp. Kenya, Schultesia lampyridiformes, and Paratemnopteryx colouniana are all active species in my vivariums. The Schultesia are well worth a shot but they need fine bark chips in which to lay eggs and for the young to hide in. No open top vivariums with any of these species.

All the best from Bill. :D

S. lampyridiformes! I had forgotten about that species and I'm actually going to be getting that species sometime in the next couple weeks. I don't know much about P. colouniana, but it's one I'll look into too. I have Blaberidae sp. Kenya right now, but I can't seem to get my colony going and I'm not sure they'll be large enough to have as a display species unless they're in a tiny enclosure. Might make for a fun challenge though! :)

Therea? Only the adults are good display specimens though.

I actually have a small container of adult T. petiveriana now and I've enjoyed having them! It's just going to suck though when the adults finally kick the bucket and I have to wait a couple years for more to reach adulthood lol.

Some of these, that is if you can get them... lol

http://www.biolib.cz...allery/dir2034/

Are Ectobiidae sp. "Malaysia" very active during the day?

I would certainly enjoy many of those species! I can get my hands on plenty of Supella longipalpa...lol. I actually just got Blattella asahinai this week, so maybe they'll end up being good display roaches.

I've wondered the same of Ectobiidae sp. Malaysia. I wonder if Loboptera decipiens and Anallacta methanoides could work too?

On Kyle's site he says the Ectobiidae sp. Malaysia are in fact diurnal.

That's a good sign! It's a species I've been wanting too, so that might work out :)

Would Hemithyrsocera "histrio" (H. vittata?) be good?

Lol, it would, but they are one of the rarest roaches in the hobby! They are one of the prettiest roaches in the hobby for sure!

Would Hemithyrsocera "histrio" (H. vittata?) be good?

I would certainly love a display of those if I could get my hands on them! Maybe someday :)