P. surinamensis

I have many small slings, some small scorps will be here Tuesday. I usually use dubia nymphs for feeding, but I've just ordered some Suriname roaches just for that purpose. My question is this, if these gals are parthenogenic, do I need to worry about escapees actually hiding and birthing babies in my t enclosures? I hear they reproduce quickly..im not worried about the minor task of clearing sling enclosures, but I hear these are very hungry, and will eat anything..are these a risk? I'd hate to find a molting, expensive sling being eaten..

I have many small slings, some small scorps will be here Tuesday. I usually use dubia nymphs for feeding, but I've just ordered some Suriname roaches just for that purpose. My question is this, if these gals are parthenogenic, do I need to worry about escapees actually hiding and birthing babies in my t enclosures? I hear they reproduce quickly..im not worried about the minor task of clearing sling enclosures, but I hear these are very hungry, and will eat anything..are these a risk? I'd hate to find a molting, expensive sling being eaten..

Yeah these aren't the kind of feeders you leave in the cage, their first instinct is to burrow, so you either gotta tweezer feed them to your slings, or smash their heads to prevent them from burrowing. I don't know how aggressive they are compared to crickets, but even if it doesn't directly harm your T the constant burrowing of the roach may stress your T out. Also, your cage would have to be pretty moist for this species to reproduce in, and the females may need fruits to reproduce, I know some live bearers do.