Glow-spot (Lucihormetica subcincta) breeding

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if some of you could share the methods and techniques for breeding this species?

(ie substrate, temps, food, humidity)

thanks!

This species is slow to get going but eventually can produce well. 70-85F. . At least one side of the substrate should always be rather damp.

• 4 years later...

I have 4 mature Lucihormetica subcincta (2 M, 2F) I bought from roachcrossing.com as nymphs. I have them at 75 F and have a dry side and a moist side with a coir, moss, aspen substrate. I feed them fruits, veggies and dry dog food. They have been adults for over 6 months but no nymphs yet. Do they lay egg cases? Anybody have any experience with breeding these? How long is their gestation? They seem like very slow reproducers. I also have springtails and a few isopods in with them. I also have a small piece of cardboard egg crate and a few small pieces of cork bark. Thanks in advance for your help.

• 3 weeks later...

I have 4 mature Lucihormetica subcincta (2 M, 2F) I bought from roachcrossing.com as nymphs. I have them at 75 F and have a dry side and a moist side with a coir, moss, aspen substrate. I feed them fruits, veggies and dry dog food. They have been adults for over 6 months but no nymphs yet. Do they lay egg cases? Anybody have any experience with breeding these? How long is their gestation? They seem like very slow reproducers. I also have springtails and a few isopods in with them. I also have a small piece of cardboard egg crate and a few small pieces of cork bark. Thanks in advance for your help.

Increase the temperature to 80-85F and give them rotten wood - and you will see........