Therea Comparison

Therea is a genus I've been looking at for a long time, and the next time I order roaches, it is likely that a Therea species will be included. That being said, there are three (four if you count T. bernhardti, but I think a discussion that we had earlier regarding that species came to the conclusion that it should not be counted as its own species) species of Therea currently available in the hobby, and I'd like to know if there are any advantages (other than looks) that each species has going for it, as I only have the space and money for one Therea species if I were to obtain one. Reproduction speed, growth rate, hardiness, size, and personality are all things I'd like to consider. What's your favorite Therea species?

I only have Olegrandjeani and Regularis, but can't speak much on Regularis since I've only had them about a month. However, they both stay burrowed almost 100% of the time. The Olegrandjeani seem to be growing somewhat quickly, there's a huge pile of molts always sitting atop the substrate. They form little burrows, and can be seen moving around underneath the substrate. Everything I set atop the substrate gets pulled down under and eaten. They are one of the few species that eats every bit of dry food I place into the enclosure.

If I had to compare, so far Regularis seems much "slower" of a species (don't see them moving around much, eat very little, possibly slower growing) while Olegrandjeani in my experience have a bit more personality, and are a bit more active.

They are all the same in terms of growth speed, hardiness and behaviors, the only difference seems to be in pattern and color. Personaly I like T.regularis the best, love the color combination of orange and black. :) They are all good choices though, and you'll enjoy whichever one you get!