Eublaberus Posticus Vs Blaptica Dubia

In a few days I'm going to be receiving a shipment of Eublaberus Posticus. How do these roaches compare to Blaptica Dubia? everything I have read about them says they grow and breed way faster than dubia is this true? I know these roaches need a lot more protein then most roaches can anyone share any pictures of how they keep these roaches.

I keep both and posticas breed much faster and better feed responce then dubia i keep them the same open bin and egg crate in a heated room but give the posticas dog/cat food as well as cricket feed so they can choose how much protien they get. I only use posticas as my large feeders the dubia i sell to people.

First, in a scientific name, the Genus name is capitalized, while the species name is lower case. Also, the name should be italicized. Ex: Blaptica dubia, Eublaberus posticus.

So, as for your question, IME E. posticus breeds much faster than dubias. However, E. posticus needs to have a moist substrate in order to thrive. Otherwise, you'll likely to have a few nymphs munched, and some wings chewed on. E. posticus is cannibalistic and semi-predatory, but a moist substrate and good amounts of protein will all but eliminate any cannibalism or wing biting.

I think useing substrate is a good idea for small colonys that you want to grow to large healthy levels. For me i think they produce alot of frass and keeping them in a bin on cardboard makes more sence when a colony gets big. I always leave some frass on the bottom for nymphs and it helps hold humidity. Also melons hold more moisture then apples carrots ect so they get as much liquid as they can. Hope this helps with future planning.