Panchlora sp. "Yellow"

11 minutes ago, Hisserdude said:

Very pretty, I'm glad we are getting lots of new Panchlora species in the hobby lately! I hope they do well for you! :)

Thanks :) They've been easy to raise and their care seems to be pretty much identical to P. nivea and giants so I expect them to breed like crazy! If only my whites were like that....

55 minutes ago, Cariblatta lutea said:

Thanks :) They've been easy to raise and their care seems to be pretty much identical to P. nivea and giants so I expect them to breed like crazy! If only my whites were like that....

Nice, glad they are easy to keep! :)

Oh no, what's up with your whites? :unsure: I only got a dozen nymphs total out of my two females, but they at least seem to be doing nicely and are growing.

10 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

Nice, glad they are easy to keep! :)

Oh no, what's up with your whites? :unsure: I only got a dozen nymphs total out of my two females, but they at least seem to be doing nicely and are growing.

They seem to be more fragile than other Panchlora species in the hobby :(  Out of around 40+ nymphs almost half of them dropped dead as L1s. I'm also noticing several nymphs with missing antennae, which isn't a good sign. They are also taking FOREVER to grow! Most of mine are still L3s -_-

3 hours ago, Cariblatta lutea said:

They seem to be more fragile than other Panchlora species in the hobby :(  Out of around 40+ nymphs almost half of them dropped dead as L1s. I'm also noticing several nymphs with missing antennae, which isn't a good sign. They are also taking FOREVER to grow! Most of mine are still L3s -_-

That's so strange, I never noticed any high mortalities in my nymphs, just a very low output from my females, so sorry to hear that. :( Mine are also growing slowly, my nymphs are about as old as yours are. Gil told me this species takes around 18 months to mature, so it'll probably be a while before we get adults.