Crossbreeding isopods?

Chimera

So my interest in breeding isopods persists, but I'm having difficulty finding sources to learn about the finer points of it. Everything I find is too technical for me to understand, or not specific enough.

I have one main question that I haven't been able to find the answer to. So I know different colors of isopods within species can be crossbred, but what about isopods that are different species but in the same genus? For example, breeding Porcellio dilatatus with Porcellio scaber? (Totally random examples.)

I feel like it should be possible, but if it is, why haven't hobbyist pursued it?

Thanks in advance! Also, any links to sources or papers about isopod breeding are appreciated ?

At least with species already in culture, this has not been observed. It seems like sort of a common practice for people to house different species together, so if it was possible, people would have surely found out by now.

16 hours ago, All About Arthropods said:

At least with species already in culture, this has not been observed. It seems like sort of a common practice for people to house different species together, so if it was possible, people would have surely found out by now.

Yeah, that's kind of what I figured. Thanks for your answer! ?

2 hours ago, Chimera said:

Yeah, that's kind of what I figured. Thanks for your answer! ?

No problem! Pretty fortunate if you ask me; if they were crossable, I'm almost certain the hobby would be ran rampant with hybrids as it is with certain genera of cockroaches.