Hemiblabera tenebricosa

TxRoach

I used them as occasional feeders for my Pystalla horrida, they have this problem of staying completely still a minute or two after initially being introduced to the enclosure... They also burrow, so they are best offered in a bare bottom enclosure, or a food bowl.

They aren't the fastest breeders, but they are very easy to rear and once you've got a big colony set up, they can be somewhat prolific. :)

7 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

I used them as occasional feeders for my Pystalla horrida, they have this problem of staying completely still a minute or two after initially being introduced to the enclosure... They also burrow, so they are best offered in a bare bottom enclosure, or a food bowl.

They aren't the fastest breeders, but they are very easy to rear and once you've got a big colony set up, they can be somewhat prolific. :)

Thanks! I've read that they breed well at room temps (~68-~75) is this true? How do you keep yours?

11 hours ago, TxRoach said:

Thanks! I've read that they breed well at room temps (~68-~75) is this true? How do you keep yours?

Yes mine bred well at room temps, though they definitely breed faster in the higher end of that range, (not THAT much faster though). I no longer have mine, but those are the temps I kept them at, had them on a couple inches of moist coconut fiber, fed them dog food, fruits and veggies, and gave them a moderate amount of ventilation. They are a very simple species to cultivate. :)

• 2 years later...

I might consider adding them to my collection eventually.  Where are they available and are they inexpensive?

On 8/20/2022 at 6:29 PM, dogpack said:

I might consider adding them to my collection eventually.  Where are they available and are they inexpensive?

@Ty Randall might have some available, they're pretty inexpensive. :)