Neat looking Madagascar Hisser

So my partner and I were cleaning their tank for their Madagascar hissing cockroaches and we came across this girl. Put her aside since she looks different from any of the others and waited a night to see if it was just because of molting. But nope, she's retained this light caramel colour. My partner dubbed her "Candy Apple" and we've decided to select our prettiest male and try to breed to see if there is any chance it's genetic. Thought I'd share here!

roach.jpg

• Like 2

That is an interesting looking individual, is this from a pure portentosa colony? Looks kinda similar to the "LLC Mahogany" morph isolated from pure G.portentosa.

16 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

That is an interesting looking individual, is this from a pure portentosa colony? Looks kinda similar to the "LLC Mahogany" morph isolated from pure G.portentosa.

It is, partner started a colony from just 12 pure individuals and is now at a hundred or so. Never brought in any new stock so far. This was just noticed recently. Do you have any references/sources for the "LLC Mahogany"? I tried googling and got no results but am very curious if it is by chance similar or even the same "mutation/morph".

4 hours ago, DerangedLeech said:

It is, partner started a colony from just 12 pure individuals and is now at a hundred or so. Never brought in any new stock so far. This was just noticed recently. Do you have any references/sources for the "LLC Mahogany"? I tried googling and got no results but am very curious if it is by chance similar or even the same "mutation/morph".

Whoops, the morph name is LLE Mahogany, not LLC lol. See here:

https://www.roachcrossing.com/for-sale/roach/all/common-hisser/

Probably the same exact mutation/morph as yours IMO.