Madagascar Hissing Cockroach question

Hi guys. Over the last few months I've fallen in love with Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches and I'd love to have some. However, I have a roommate and he's concerned about the noise they would make. I know males tend to be noisy, but if I get only females (2 or 3) would they make alot of noise?

Hi there. I have both males and females and they are pretty quiet. Only every once in a while will my boys make a quiet hiss.  Some of my girls hiss as well. But both the boys and girls are pretty quiet. I don't think they would be an issues sound wise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LittleBandi said:

Hi there. I have both males and females and they are pretty quiet. Only every once in a while will my boys make a quiet hiss.  Some of my girls hiss as well. But both the boys and girls are pretty quiet. I don't think they would be an issues sound wise.

Thank you!

I second the above opinion.  I have a small colony of about 22 and they really don't make a lot of noise.  They make more noise when you pet them or pick them up, but it's still not that loud.  I hope you enjoy your new pets!