Perisphaerus sp. "Kota Kinabalu" (Copper-green Roly-poly Roach)

Hisserdude

One of many recent additions to my collection, Perisphaerus sp. "Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia". This roly poly roach is a metallic copper green color in person, it's hard to properly catch on camera, but I think the first few pics show it off decently. Under flash though they just look dark copper, (as you can see in the last two pictures). I just received some adult females and a few mixed nymphs last week, and one of the females gave birth already! :D Hopefully I can establish this species in the US hobby, it'll be the first metallic Perisphaerus to get established in culture here if so, and also the largest hobby Perisphaerus so far! This is one of my favorite roach genera ever, so stoked to be working with three different species now!

PerisphaerusKotaKinubalu%252315.JPG

PerisphaerusKotaKinubalu%252314.JPG

PerisphaerusKotaKinubalu%252320.JPG

PerisphaerusKotaKinubalu%252316.JPG

PerisphaerusKotaKinubalu%25236.JPG

PerisphaerusKotaKinubalu%252311.JPG

• 3 months later...
On 12/1/2021 at 4:02 AM, Hisserdude said:

One of many recent additions to my collection, Perisphaerus sp. "Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia". This roly poly roach is a metallic copper green color in person, it's hard to properly catch on camera, but I think the first few pics show it off decently. Under flash though they just look dark copper, (as you can see in the last two pictures). I just received some adult females and a few mixed nymphs last week, and one of the females gave birth already! :D Hopefully I can establish this species in the US hobby, it'll be the first metallic Perisphaerus to get established in culture here if so, and also the largest hobby Perisphaerus so far! This is one of my favorite roach genera ever, so stoked to be working with three different species now!

PerisphaerusKotaKinubalu%252315.JPG

PerisphaerusKotaKinubalu%252314.JPG

PerisphaerusKotaKinubalu%252320.JPG

PerisphaerusKotaKinubalu%252316.JPG

PerisphaerusKotaKinubalu%25236.JPG

PerisphaerusKotaKinubalu%252311.JPG

And this one too?? Still alive?

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 1:11 PM, Bhjjr said:

And this one too?? Still alive?

Still alive, the babies are growing slowly but steadily. The WC adults all look very flat now and I don't know if any of them will actually produce another brood or not...

• Like 1