Eucorydia linglong

Hisserdude

This cute species comes from temperate China, and has cute fuzzy nymphs that turn into brilliant metallic blue/green adults. This species may or may not require a dispause during the winter, this had yet to be determined. Other than this possible care need, their husbandry is quite similar to that of common hobby staples like Therea and Ergaula spp., both of which are closely related to Eucorydia. We are seeing more and more species from this genus pop up in culture, and I hope to see that number keep rising! Fingers crossed I can rear mine up successfully and breed them! :D

Large nymphs:

EucorydialinglongNymph%25232.JPG

EucorydialinglongNymph%25235.JPG

EucorydialinglongNymph%25238.JPG

EucorydialinglongNymph%25239.JPG

• 3 months later...
On 12/1/2021 at 4:44 AM, Hisserdude said:

This cute species comes from temperate China, and has cute fuzzy nymphs that turn into brilliant metallic blue/green adults. This species may or may not require a dispause during the winter, this had yet to be determined. Other than this possible care need, their husbandry is quite similar to that of common hobby staples like Therea and Ergaula spp., both of which are closely related to Eucorydia. We are seeing more and more species from this genus pop up in culture, and I hope to see that number keep rising! Fingers crossed I can rear mine up successfully and breed them! :D

Large nymphs:

EucorydialinglongNymph%25232.JPG

EucorydialinglongNymph%25235.JPG

EucorydialinglongNymph%25238.JPG

EucorydialinglongNymph%25239.JPG

Hey H-Dude

Did these guys grow up for you into blue metallic adults? And how about the possible diapause requirement?

On 3/17/2022 at 1:08 PM, Bhjjr said:

Hey H-Dude

Did these guys grow up for you into blue metallic adults? And how about the possible diapause requirement?

Well, I gave them a mild diapauses during most of winter, since they did not mature in the Fall. I took them out of diapause a week or two ago, none of have matured yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hisserdude said:

Well, I gave them a mild diapauses during most of winter, since they did not mature in the Fall. I took them out of diapause a week or two ago, none of have matured yet.

May I ask to what temperature you dropped them and for how long? 

6 hours ago, Bhjjr said:

May I ask to what temperature you dropped them and for how long? 

Mid 60s, for I think around 3 months. The place they come from doesn't get THAT cold, and they likely burrow to escape the brunt of the cold, so that should be all that's needed for them. Now it's just a matter of waiting for them to molt, and for some reason subadult Eucorydia seem to take forever to mature...  😅 Having the same issue with some of my Eucorydia yasumatsui ATM (however the few individuals that did mature months ago have successfully produced offspring, yay).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

Mid 60s, for I think around 3 months. The place they come from doesn't get THAT cold, and they likely burrow to escape the brunt of the cold, so that should be all that's needed for them. Now it's just a matter of waiting for them to molt, and for some reason subadult Eucorydia seem to take forever to mature...  😅 Having the same issue with some of my Eucorydia yasumatsui ATM (however the few individuals that did mature months ago have successfully produced offspring, yay).

Very cool man! Are the Europeans keeping this one, or are you trailblazing this one here in the states?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bhjjr said:

Very cool man! Are the Europeans keeping this one, or are you trailblazing this one here in the states?

As far as I know, these aren't being cultured in Europe currently, only Asia (and here in the US in my collection lol). Might be one or two EU breeders with them unbeknownst to me though.

• Like 2