Blatta lateralis pest?

adwilk

Hi all. I'm thinking of starting up a colony for my and thought that B. Lateralis would be a good choice. Now I've read that they are considered a pest. I live in Boston would there be a risk of infestation with this species? Is there a better choice for a fast breeding roach that won't decide to set up shop where they aren't wanted? It seems like fast breeding and infestations would go together.

Thanks for your help.

B. lateralis is one of the few pest species but I'm not sure that anyone has had a true infestation that wasn't quickly and easily eradicated. It isn't one of the five very common indoor pest species. What are you feeding them to? If it's something of any size you may want to go for Blaptica or Blaberus.

B. lateralis is one of the few pest species but I'm not sure that anyone has had a true infestation that wasn't quickly and easily eradicated. It isn't one of the five very common indoor pest species. What are you feeding them to? If it's something of any size you may want to go for Blaptica or Blaberus.

I currently have two small bearded dragons.