Greetings From Malaysia

rafiqos

Good day everyone!

My name is Rafiq and I've been interested in roaches for quite a while. I've been introduced to this forum thanks to Peter from BugsInCyberspace. Here in Malaysia we don't really have much of a following for these curious creatures.

I really hope to expand my knowledge and meet more people who share the same interest here. Also hoping to meet people from around the region where I come from.

Thanks for your time. :)

Rafiq.

Hi Rafiq,

Thanks for joining. I hope you're able to meet a few dealers in your region of the world. Don't forget to contact our member "Vixvy".

Here is a link to a Michael Yeh's website. He used to export bugs all over the world, but I don't think he does it anymore. He is still very interested in bugs though and he takes people on bug tours in the Cameron Highlands, etc. He's out of Ipoh, Malaysia.

http://www.angelfire.com/yt/kpyehi/

You're in a pretty great country for bugs! We'd all like to see some photos of your native species, if you can take a few.

Peter

Good day everyone!

My name is Rafiq and I've been interested in roaches for quite a while. I've been introduced to this forum thanks to Peter from BugsInCyberspace. Here in Malaysia we don't really have much of a following for these curious creatures.

I really hope to expand my knowledge and meet more people who share the same interest here. Also hoping to meet people from around the region where I come from.

Thanks for your time. :)

Rafiq.

Entomophile's heaven! Have you seen Archiblatta hoeveni (sorta big, red and black, long back legs)?

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

To be frank, I have only begun to have interest in roaches for a round 2 months, for 'all the wrong reasons'...as feeders to my pets! LOL! I've a few H. Longimanus, a pair of P.Imperators, one A. Avic, a pair of Lialis Burtonis, a T. Gigas Gigas and a bunch of local river fish in my collection so far. Not much as I'm just starting out in this hobby.

The more I researched about roaches, the more interesting I found them to be. And my drive for getting feeders for my pets slowly took a turn and landed me here. My knowledge of bugs is still very much at its infancy level and I'm hoping to learn all I can from you guys.

Hi Rafiq,

Thanks for joining. I hope you're able to meet a few dealers in your region of the world. Don't forget to contact our member "Vixvy".

Here is a link to a Michael Yeh's website. He used to export bugs all over the world, but I don't think he does it anymore. He is still very interested in bugs though and he takes people on bug tours in the Cameron Highlands, etc. He's out of Ipoh, Malaysia.

http://www.angelfire.com/yt/kpyehi/

You're in a pretty great country for bugs! We'd all like to see some photos of your native species, if you can take a few.

Peter

Thank you very much for the link and your support Peter. I will try and snap a few pics when I'm out and around. This time I'll try to pay more attention to the bugs.

Oh, how I would love to collect roaches in Malaysia and bring them back here legally....

LOL! Legally... :rolleyes:

Entomophile's heaven! Have you seen Archiblatta hoeveni (sorta big, red and black, long back legs)?

I tried and googled the sp. Archiblatta hoeveni seems rather familliar. But after reading more about it, I realised that this sp. is not the same one I encountered many times when I was a child. Talk about a man who doesn't know the sp. native to his own country! Next time I get around, i.e. Cameron Highlands, will sure have to pay Michael Yeh a visit and seek more enlightenment..

Well, really nice to have you here with us and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing some photos of your native bugs! Feel free to post some of your other favorite pets in the other sections. I'm kind of curious about the river fish, though Orin's probably much more of a fish guy than most of the rest of us, here.

I got a few burrowing Opistophthalmus boehmi scorpions last week. Very neat! Did you get those bugs from local pet stores? It's always interesting to hear what is available at pet stores around the world!

Peter

• 2 weeks later...