A. Tesselata nymphs

arachyd

I was just wondering how big they are when they're born. I noticed I have a couple more than I started with a few months ago but the smallest ones are a little bigger than a nickel. I had not seen them before yesterday. Do they hide deep in the substrate until they are that big or are they huge as nymphs too?

I was just wondering how big they are when they're born. I noticed I have a couple more than I started with a few months ago but the smallest ones are a little bigger than a nickel. I had not seen them before yesterday. Do they hide deep in the substrate until they are that big or are they huge as nymphs too?

About 1/4 inch born. (5 or 6 mm)

That's one of the things I liked about them right away. No matter how much they hid I could always at least watch the substrate move and know they were ok. Now at least some of the adults are always out and usually there is at least one on top of the plants just hanging out. I guess it's time for a bigger enclosure if there are nymphs hiding in there.