In case that my female rhino is pregnant,

would it be wise to remove the male or should i just let him be

my biggest worry is that he plow right through the babyes <_<

cheers henrik

In case that my female rhino is pregnant,

would it be wise to remove the male or should i just let him be

my biggest worry is that he plow right through the babyes <_<

cheers henrik

They should be fine with the parents. However I have found that the babies do very well if separated into a small container until they reach 3 cm long, then can be safely put with adults. I had some separate because I was concerned about possibly being buried under too much substrate (seems rediculous for a burrowing roach, I know, but anyone with babies may know what I mean) but they do fine.

Thanks matt

you are most helpful ;)

i know how you feel and when waited in 4 years for this moment you get extre nervous

rather safe than sorry i say

so i will relocate the males to a new bigger and better tank tommerow so he can start to dig a new home for them and move the mother after she´s giving birth

Yes yes i know the roaches is a tough animal just look at the time they have been around

but i still wake several times at night and have to go and see if anything have happen yet

and that brings another question? does the babyes stay underground in the borrow or do they come up with the mother to feed

does the babyes stay underground in the borrow or do they come up with the mother to feed

I cannot be sure. The few that I have stayed on the surface, and my substrate is a little on the shallow side. My nymphs were purchased from someone when new and not birthed from my adults. There I have to wait and see for some things myself. It could be that they would stay in the burrow in the wild, but when we house them and give them an artificially comfortable environment both in and above the substrate, then they go where they please. To know with accuracy one would have to exactly replicate a wild environment in a very large enclosure.

Adult males will eat some of the 1st instars nymphs if they feel even a little hungry. Also a female ate a healthy 3rd instar once but they're usually safe with the mother.

Well that´s certainly not a nice thing to do and he is a pretty hungry fellow when he gets a chance he starts to chew in my finger

but that could also be sweat salt they eat

i have moved the males to a new home earlier today so i dont have to worry about the small ones,

if i´am lucky and the mating was good