Please confirm this ID?

It looks like a Supella nymph to me too but I didn't say anything because you said confirm and I don't feel confident from one young nymph photo.

I agree with Orin. This post is also on another forum where I mentioned that 'it appears to be' also, however I think in South Africa there are a few other likely possibilities that I cannot recall the names of off hand, one being a roach that looks something like Blatta orientalis but it isnt.... anyone know? So without rearing it to adulthood it is very difficult to confirm from a nymph photo. :(

I agree with Orin. This post is also on another forum where I mentioned that 'it appears to be' also, however I think in South Africa there are a few other likely possibilities that I cannot recall the names of off hand, one being a roach that looks something like Blatta orientalis but it isnt.... anyone know? So without rearing it to adulthood it is very difficult to confirm from a nymph photo. :(

Fair enough - thanks.

Any chance they are African Bullets?

I'll raise them up for a few months and post again.

How could you both tell they were nymphs, BTW?

Fair enough - thanks.

Any chance they are African Bullets?

I'll raise them up for a few months and post again.

How could you both tell they were nymphs, BTW?

Experience. Well, for me its from looking at all stages of developement of several dozen roach species in my room and countless descriptions in papers and text books. Its like looking at a baby elephant or horse or dog or bird and knowing its a baby. Size and proportions. Also, there are very few roaches that have nymph-like characteristics as an adult (such as under developed thorax, oversized head, and being VERY small compared to what seems like a carrot that it is standing on :)