Panchlora nivea Caresheet?

Hi guys, I've managed to acquire a couple of P. nivea nymphs and I've been trying to search for a proper and detailed caresheet on the Internet. Can't find one though. I'm pretty sure the experts here can help me out!

Mine like most any fruit. They will also eat carrots and dog food if they are hungry.

Warm temperatures reproduces them more quickly. Mine do well above 75F.

They like to burrow and hide during the day. A loose, chunky substrate is good for the nymphs. The adults may prefer to hide under a piece of egg carton. After a few days the egg carton is partly buried.

Mine like most any fruit. They will also eat carrots and dog food if they are hungry.

Warm temperatures reproduces them more quickly. Mine do well above 75F.

They like to burrow and hide during the day. A loose, chunky substrate is good for the nymphs. The adults may prefer to hide under a piece of egg carton. After a few days the egg carton is partly buried.

Thanks Peter. Right now all I'm wondering is how to transfer them to my mantids when the colony has grown. They're pretty fast.

Yeah, that sounds about right. We also give ours starch like potatoes as well as ground up puppy chow.

As for transferring them, the adults do fly and once out ... good luck catching them. But you may try putting them in the frig for a little while to slow them down.

I only feed adults of this species to mantises. I use a pair of long, pointed tweezers and grab the P. nivea by tip of their wings or sometimes a leg. Usually the mantises will take them from the tweezers. My mantises are mostly kept in individual vials or small containers. The nivea are active enough that the mantises eventually catch them.

Nymphs are too small and difficult to catch to bother with. P. nivea is really just an occasional "treat" for my mantises. I mostly keep them because..."green roaches are cool, man"!

Hey, let's see those P. nivea in your signature line! ;)

• 4 weeks later...