Blaberus parabolicus?

Zephyr

I got these from James@Blaberus. They look like all the parabolicus I've seen pics of, except they have very strange, red colors. Is this just hypopigmentation due to dietary causes? I've only had them about 2 months, so whatever caused it, it's not in my food. lol

Old pronotum:

41584471.jpg

Adult male:

69790339.jpg

Nymphs

25154152.jpg

More nymphs:

43122460.jpg

I got these from James@Blaberus. They look like all the parabolicus I've seen pics of, except they have very strange, red colors. Is this just hypopigmentation due to dietary causes? I've only had them about 2 months, so whatever caused it, it's not in my food. lol

Your roaches are a mess! ;)

That photo of an adult does not look like a parabolicus to me, though the pronotum in the first photo all by itself looks like a normal parabolicus pronotum detached from what may have been a normal parabolicus. But the live photo 'male'- looks discoidish or otherwise not-a-parabolicus.

Where did your stock originate from Matt? :o

Ummm.... can't remember. I think I know, but I had mixed stories come to me from looking into that so its a little unclear. From what I can gather, Orin had the first colony in the US, but you'd have to ask him. :)

You should post some pics of yours to compare/contrast with Zephyr's. ;)

You should post some pics of yours to compare/contrast with Zephyr's. ;)

I did somewhere around here. Photo section maybe. I'll look for it an post a link or something.....

....oh here it is on page 5 or 6 of the photogallery....

Blaberuscomparisonoffour.jpg

... All four roaches were photographed in the exact same location, at the same time of day, the same distance from the camera lens, so comparison should be fairly accurate.