Masked Assassin Bug Eggs

Zephyr

I've got 3 adults (seems like either 1.2 or .3 since there are tons of eggs) but none of the eggs they've laid have hatched. I pulled some out into an empty deli cup and am misting every other day. Do they need more humidity, or do they just take a long time to hatch?

I've got 3 adults (seems like either 1.2 or .3 since there are tons of eggs) but none of the eggs they've laid have hatched. I pulled some out into an empty deli cup and am misting every other day. Do they need more humidity, or do they just take a long time to hatch?

I mist them once a week-ish. When I bothered to take eggs from the adult assassin cage, I put them in a 16 oz. deli cup with a fabric lid, and the cup is half full of coconut fiber that is barely moist, and that gets to dry out in between re-moistening.

What's a masked assassin? R. personatus as a pet?

Yep! :)

And good news! The eggs have just started hatching!

I grated some blue construction paper and put it in with the babies... It's gonna be interesting having predacious blue blobs. lol