Roach ID : )

So I left my cricket food bag in the corner of the room purposely so there would be no where for the creature to run when it came to eat. I found this guy chewing into the plastic bag

Is it the smokey brown roach? Too bad my brother had to tell my rents about it and now they are going to make me dump it out :( It nearly gave mom a heart attack just the fact that I had him in a cage. I really want to keep it though

This is on the coast of NC, by the way

IMG_2563.jpg

So I left my cricket food bag in the corner of the room purposely so there would be no where for the creature to run when it came to eat. I found this guy chewing into the plastic bag

Is it the smokey brown roach? Too bad my brother had to tell my rents about it and now they are going to make me dump it out :( It nearly gave mom a heart attack just the fact that I had him in a cage. I really want to keep it

IMG_2563.jpg

It does strongly resemble (Periplaneta fuliginosa), the Smokey-brown Cockroach. Very nice find however I wouldn't want them freely roaming my place either. They are not commonly seen here in the Chicagoland area although I would probably culture them if I had the opportunity to capture some.

Mark

I had to put the food into a new bag since it was leaking out of the other one.

Looks like the nymphs of these would be great to feed to my anoles, if they really do breed quickly

After only ever looking at Parcoblatta, this thing seems like a gaint! :o Can anybody tell M or F from the photo I got?

Well I managed to stash them away in my suitcase and get them back home alive. The female now as the beginning of an ooth sticking out her rear

Now I have no idea what to do with them. lol. It would be fine if I were not leaving for college in a week, but I am and I can't keep them there.

Can the newly hatched nymphs climb glass and plastic walls?

I see it, especially in the wavy-dark pronotum border.

As for what to do with them, you could just release them somewhere away from your home. Sorry about college... what do you plan to do with the Parcoblatta (off-topic)?

The situation with these two roaches has been resolved. Someone should be getting them in the mail soon :)

As for the parcoblatta, I have to take them with me. I have no other choice. They are still in a small sized "Kritter keeper" and I would love to move them into my empty 20 gal tank, but I have to hide them in my dorm so the cage needs to stay smaller

I re-did the cage today. I added more substrate and more pieces of wood and such. Hopefully I can hide them in a box under my bed or something. Me and you both know that they cant survive on their own indoors, they dont carry any diseases, they don't bite, and they are not gross. But other people don't see it the same way :(

I'll post pics of those later