Roach photo from Arima Valley, Trinidad

Greetings! I am hoping someone can help me with the ID of this handsome roach. Is this Blaberus atropos? Thanks in advance for your help!

That's a tough one.

Definitely NOT B. atropos; The best I can guess is it's not in the Atropos or Giganteus group.

That's a tough one.

Definitely B. atropos; The best I can guess is it's not in the Atropos or Giganteus group.

Wait, are you saying it is or isn't atropos? :huh:

To me, it looks a lot like what are often called Blaberus fusca. How long is he?

Greetings! I am hoping someone can help me with the ID of this handsome roach. Is this Blaberus atropos? Thanks in advance for your help!

Any chance you measured that thing with vernier calipers and have a size in mm? That photo and a location is not enough to make a postive identification but if it's greater than 75mm and has sparse, tiny, clear, hairs on the wings it's B. giganteus.

Zephyr, Ralph, Orin, Thanks very much for commenting. Unfortunately I did not measure. Certainly it seemed unbelievably large to someone used to U.S. roaches. The photo is reasonably large, but I'm not able to make out any hairs on the wings. That doesn't mean they're not there, though. Anyhow I appreciate the help and will label the image as Blaberus sp.

Zephyr, Ralph, Orin, Thanks very much for commenting. Unfortunately I did not measure. Certainly it seemed unbelievably large to someone used to U.S. roaches. The photo is reasonably large, but I'm not able to make out any hairs on the wings. That doesn't mean they're not there, though. Anyhow I appreciate the help and will label the image as Blaberus sp.

To give us a better idea of size, you could resize it to about what you think the size was, in say, Microsoft paint, upload it to Imageshack.us, and select the resizing option of "optimize without resizing."