Jump to content

Therea oothecae hatch time


Zephyr
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just thought I'd take a note on how long it took my Therea sp. ooths to hatch.

I noticed my first Therea sp. "granjeani" ootheca on August 10th, and while checking the colony today I noticed a multitude of itsy bitsy babies that weren't there before. This means it took the ooth(s) a minimum of 87 days to hatch; much shorter than many of the other estimates I've seen. The temps in the roach room have never dipped below 70, though. My Therea petivereana oothecae, the first one noticed on September 2nd, have not hatched yet. I'll post an update when they do. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...