My New Setup!

KitKatie329

Okay, so now that I have received all of the cultures I will be starting for the foreseeable future I redid my tanks! The ones that are labeled male right now are currently mixed until the cultures take off (with the exception of G. portentosa, which are established) and then I will separate the extra males into their tanks and all the females and babies go into breeding with a few select males. (Just because that's how I like it :P )

003.jpg

From the top, and left: E. javanica breeding, B. rothi males, B. rothi breeding, A. insignis breeding, E. javanica males, A. insignis males, A. tesselata breeding, G. portentosa breeding

G. portentosa males:

004.jpg

A. tesselata male tank:

005-2.jpg

A. tesselata baby!

008-2.jpg

A. insignis male tank (hiding):

012.jpg

E. javanica mixed nymphs: (One just molted right after I made this post!)

015.jpg

E. javanica male tank:

016.jpg

Yep Hisserman got it right! I also like having easy access to the males because I'm around kids a lot and I don't want to stress out my gravid females by picking them up all the time, or sorting through to find a male, and the kids ALWAYS want to see the bugs! (It's also an excuse to have more tanks shhhhhhh)

Yep Hisserman got it right! I also like having easy access to the males because I'm around kids a lot and I don't want to stress out my gravid females by picking them up all the time, or sorting through to find a male, and the kids ALWAYS want to see the bugs! (It's also an excuse to have more tanks shhhhhhh)

We'll keep quit. More females = more babies too :D